Customers Car - Ian's superb E46 M3 BMW (it's all in the detail)
Customer Car time again and this week we have a beauty of a BMW…
(When purchased: Above)
Sometimes cars stick out in your mind and back when I was a part of our sales team I remember, and have done to this day this beauty of an M3.
Ian joined Sky Insurance last year, having owned his E46 M3 since 2012. During our telephone calls it was clear to see just how seriously he took the modifying of his car – Long waiting times for parts, Porsche callipers, Genuine CSL parts, 360bhp…
Ian’s car history laid a path to the E46:
In 2004 he owned a Mk3 16v GTI Golf- Modded Head, Shrick Cams , Coil over suspension and Supersprint Exhaust.
In 2008 he made the move to the M3 E36 loaded up with Bilstein suspension, poly bushed , Re- Mapped, DTM Exhaust & AP Racing Front Brakes.
In 2012 Ian took ownership of his M3 e46 3.2 standard SMG Carbon Black Coupe, perhaps the following spec list should not be a surprise…
- Genuine CSL wheels with 265/30 rears and 235/35 fronts
- Alcantara Steering wheel
- AC Schnitzer Alloy Pedal set
- CLS Rear carbon diffuser
- Porsche Brembo Big Brake conversion
- EBC Red stuff pads
- CSL Front (larger) disks
- Evolve Maf-less Alpha N remap CLS rev matched, Sport button remapped – always on.
- 155mph Speed Limiter deleted (rev limiter up to 8200 rpm)
- Eibach lowered springs
- Bilstein Struts.
- Rogue Engineering Rear Top mounts
- Poly bushed front and rear ARB and Diff
- Genuine CSL Bootlid (After an 8 month wait!)
- LED rear number plate lights
- New floor & foam filled ( BMW goodwill)
- Hi Flo 200 cell Cats
- Larger Storm Illuminated SMG Alloy shift Paddles
- Smoked Depo Indicators ( front and sides)
- Angel Eye LED side lights
- 19 inch Spare wheel
- BMW Cargo Net ( to hold spare & Jack)
- M Engine oil filler cap
- Black front and side grilles.
- AC Schnizter Alloy Strut brace
What future mods do you have planned?
- M-Track Enabled ( definite)
- Quick rack ?(maybe)
- AP Racing Brakes?(unsure)
The car in summary:
In Ian’s word:- It now has a smooth power delivery up to the 8200 rev limit, sounds fantastic with the carbon box and exhaust screams at high revs, it’s turns on a pin-point, stops as quick as it goes & fairly quiet at motorway cruising speeds – Couldn’t have summed it up better myself!
We work very closely with the Online M3 Owners Club – M3 Cutterz – A great, informative and friendly group for those of you looking for an owners club for your BMW.
We would love to see details of your pride and joy, if you are happy for us to do a write up please contact me (Chris) via facebook or email: [email protected]!
Customers Cars: Stunning Yellow Supra
Call for a quote: 03303 331251