Customer Car Gallery: Harvey's Modified Honda S2000 GT
Everyone, meet Harvey’s modified Honda S2000 GT. The car contains a 2.0 litre engine which currently runs at around 249BHP. The car has undergone many modifications, mainly in respect of its appearance, as opposed to power. However, as many of you will be aware, the S2000 engine is one which doesn’t really require much modification work at all, if any.
Here at Sky Insurance, we have the honour of insuring this eye-catching piece of design and engineering. We also got the chance to speak with Harvey who answered some questions for us regarding his car, his passion for cars and his plans for the future…
Honda S2000 GT
How did you first discover you have an interest in cars?
I’ve had an interest in cars for a very long time. I remember watching Dukes of Hazard on the television as a child and realising then, that I love cars.
What was the first car you ever owned?
My first car was a Ford Capri 3.0S.
The Honda S2000 GT modification list:
- Interior swap from red to black
- ‘Drift Front Grill’ swap
- Stock seats swap to Recaro race seats (from Honda Integra DC5)
- ‘OMP Removable Race Steering Wheel’
- Alpine head unit + uprated speakers + 12” JBL Subwoofer
- Staggered 18” ‘Rota Grid Race Wheels’ with over fenders
- ‘Tien Mono Flex’ adjustable suspension with EDFC controller
- Big Brake Kit: PB performance 6 pot 356mm
- Pirelli P ZERO Race Tyres
- K&N Race Air Charger
- Evans Waterless Coolant Conversion
- Skunk2 Mega Power Header
- Skunk2 Mega Power Cat Back Exhaust
- Stage 2 Brian Crower Cam shaft
- AEM Series 2 ECU Controller (9,200 RPM Cut off)
- Aluminium Light weight Pulleys
- Spec Stage 3 Race Clutch
- ACT Race Spec Light weight Flywheel
- Carbon Fibre Rear Wing
Has the power within your car increased from when you initially bought it, to now?
The Stock power of my car is 240BHP however my car is currently running at 249BHP.
Do you plan on attending any car shows with your car this year?
I plan on attending a few car shows this year. In particular, the Japanese car meets at Ace Café in London.
Do you have any plans to add more modifications to the car?
At the moment there are no plans to further modify the car. I got married 2 years ago and now have a daughter; therefore I’m looking for a Family car. I will keep the Honda S2000 GT however and use it as a track day car. I’ll also strip out the interior completely, to reduce any excess weight.
If you would like to see more pictures of Harvey’s modified Honda S2000 GT, visit the Customers Car Gallery page.
If you want more information on Insurance for a Honda S2000, visit our Modified Car Insurance webpage.
We would like to say a huge thank you to Harvey for letting us into your world of cars.
Keep up the great work – the car is stunning!