• Sky Insurance Blog
  • Sky Insurance Facebook Page
  • Sky Insurance You Tube Channel
  • Sky Insurance Instagram Page

Second Home InsuranceSecond Home Insurance

Many people in the UK now own a second home. This second home is often referred to as a 'holiday home', which is not occupied for large parts of the year. The fact that it is not fully occupied all year round often makes it an unacceptable insurance risk for many insurance companies.

Here at Sky Insurance, we can insure this type of risk. Our Second Home Insurance Scheme offers:

  • UK homes only cover
  • Cover for Second Homes when not fully occupied
  • Includes Theft, Malicious Damage & Flood cover
  • Low policy excess of £250

03303 331 255

The Sky Insurance Second Home Insurance Scheme

With Sky Insurance, we run a specialist Second Home Insurance Scheme, which does cover 'second homes', even when not fully occupied. The benefits of using a scheme like this is that the insurer already fully understands the risk, so you can rest assured that the correct type of cover is in place.

You are covered for the main structure of a weekend / holiday home against damage caused by a variety of factors. These include: subsidence, flood, fire (including outbuildings) and malicious damage (which may be extended to cover against accidental damage). You also have the option to extend the cover to also cover you against theft. 

In addition, with the scheme knowing the 'Second Home' market so well, it can offer some very competitive premiums.

We Can Help...

So, if you own a second home and are looking for Second Home Insurance, why not speak with one of our specialist advisors, or submit an online request for a quote?...

03303 331 255

FAQ'S - Frequently Asked Questions

Question: What type of cover can I get for my second property? Will it be the same level of cover I have on my main home?

Answer: Cover is usually the same as your main home however it depends on how long the property is left unoccupied. Additional terms may be applied.

Question: Can I cover a holiday home abroad?

Answer: No, only UK homes are covered under this particular type of scheme.