Fraud Prevention, Detection & Claims History
In order to prevent and detect fraud, your the Insurer, may at any time:
- Share information about you with the police, fraud prevention agencies and databases, and if you give us, or the Insurer, false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, this will be recorded. We, the Insurer, and other organisations may also search these agencies and databases to:
- Help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services for you and members of your household;
- Trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your accounts or insurance policies;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity;
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches (this may include requests for copy driving licences, utility bills and other documentation to establish the identity of any person applying for insurance).
We, or the Insurer, can supply on request further details of the databases they access or contribute to.