• Sky Insurance Blog
  • Sky Insurance Facebook Page
  • Sky Insurance You Tube Channel
  • Sky Insurance Instagram Page

Unoccupied Property InsuranceUnoccupied Property Insurance

Leaving your property unoccupied can be daunting enough, but have you tried to arrange insurance cover for an unoccupied property? It can be just as daunting, if not, more frustrating.

We understand the potential pitfalls you may face and that's why we have set-up an Unoccupied Property Insurance scheme.

Our scheme comes with the following benefits:

  • Cover for properties unoccupied for up to 12 months
  • Includes Theft, Malicious Damage & Flood cover
  • Low policy excess of £250

03303 331 255

The Sky Insurance Unoccupied Property Insurance Scheme

The cover will vary dependent on the reason(s) why the property is unoccupied however we can cover most of the potential reasons. These reasons include: extended holidays, renovations (structural or non-structural) and the death of the home owner.

Many Standard Household Insurance policies will only allow cover for an unoccupied property between 30-60 days. Here at Sky Insurance, our Unoccupied Property Insurance scheme allows cover for up to 12 months.

The insurance scheme can include cover for: Theft (if contents have been left in the building), Malicious Damage, Subsidence, Flood and Fire, with excess amounts starting from £250. 

We Can Help...

Sky Insurance's Unoccupied Property Insurance Scheme can resolve the dilemma of insuring a property no-one is living in - leaving you confident that your property is covered even whilst no one is residing there. Call us today, and speak with one of our specialist advisors. Or, submit an online request for a quote...

03303 331 255

FAQ'S - Frequently Asked Questions

Question: I already have a standard Household Insurance policy; will it allow me to leave it unoccupied for any length of time?

Answer: Check your policy wording and documentation however 9 times out of 10, the policy will restrict you to a maximum time of 30-60 days whereby the property is unoccupied.

Question: Am I likely to pay a higher excess on an Unoccupied Property Insurance scheme?

Answer: Not necessarily, we offer some policies with an excess as low as £250. It depends greatly on the type of cover you require.